Pages

2.06.2012

Happy New Yea -- wait, it's February?

I can't believe that it's already February. I have been away from this spot much longer than I'd intended to. I won't lie: this move has really taken it out of me. I feel like all my energy over the past few months has been devoted to getting settled in, making our house a home, and making new friends. And then we had the holidays in there, which were good and lots of fun, but really exhausting.

And, just like that, it's been months since I last stopped by.

One really good thing about that is that I've got lots of crafty projects to share here, most of them yarn related. Over these past few months, I've really found knitting to be my source of comfort and relaxation. And I've moved on from baby garments and hats, partly out of necessity (those babies grow, after all) and partly as a challenge to myself.


Currently on the needles is what I hope will be the perfect Spring sweater for me (not that it's been all that cold here, so maybe a wool sweater is a little silly). The pattern is the very popular Tea Leaves Cardigan, and it's a delight to work on. The yoke is fun and quick to knit, while adding interest to the design. I'm using Knit Picks Swish Tonal in Springtime (which I bought on their Cyber Monday sale specifically for this project). It's a little bit brighter than I envisioned it, but it's very soft and I love really colorful garments, so I think it might just work. 

My goal is to have it finished by March 1. Now, I know I've had many goals in the past that have fallen by the wayside, but I'm feeling good about this one. I will get this done - I can't wait to wear it and give my old Seattle fleece jackets a break.

No comments: