Pages

3.13.2012

Neglected


Last year, Mikey asked me to knit him a sweater. At the time, I hadn't knit much more than baby and toddler wear, mostly hats. He bought me the book Knits Men Want, and even picked the sweater he wanted me to knit for him. I even took him to the yarn store to pick out non-itchy yarn.

And then the yarn sat, untouched, for months.

I finally cast on for his sweater last August. The knitting went pretty fast, and was enjoyable. I blocked the pieces of the sweater back in December. And they have sat, untouched, since then.

I feel really bad that this poor sweater is being neglected. But the truth is that I really do not enjoy seaming. It's, without a doubt, my least favorite thing to do, and that's probably why I gravitate towards seamless sweater patterns.

Ahh.... winter is pretty much over in our neck of the woods, but I must finish up this sweater in the next few weeks. I must. Or it will never get finished.

No comments: