Pages

9.06.2009

I've got Fall on my mind

I can hardly believe it's already Labor Day. I'm not 100% sure where this year has gone... It seems every day is long: early rise with Baby M, and, inevitably, late to bed every night. Yet when I look back on my week, it seems to have just sped by. So I find it a little strange to be looking forward with such anticipation when I feel like summer (and spring!) is such a blur. And yet here I am, looking forward to another Fall. I am going to blame it partly on the cool, rainy weather we had here in Seattle today. But the fact is that the weather is definitely cooling down. I've been getting back into the groove of running in the mornings (more about that another time), and I find myself wishing I had worn my long sleeved running shirt almost every morning. Of course, it only takes a few minutes to warm up and remember why I didn't.

Still, I've got Fall on my mind. The cooler weather and gray skies, the rain, the steaming coffee in the mornings, they're all getting me excited about what's to come: the foliage, the sweater weather, the hot cocoa, the pumpkins, and, most of all, Halloween.

I was looking back at old photos, and found a photo of this collage I made two years ago. My style has changed quite a bit since then, but it still makes me smile. More than anything, it makes me itch to get to crafting something fun for this Halloween; something Baby M can play with and enjoy. I've got some ideas brewing, and hope to get to them soon, so that I may share.

In the meantime, I plan to take advantage of every sunny, dry moment we have left this summer, spending hours at the park and the wading pool with Baby M. I hope to be back soon with lots to share. For now, hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend, and enjoy the last weeks of summer.



No comments: