Pages

2.03.2010

Still Bending-the-Rules


Ok, so I know that I should be picking my February project, but I've been a little distracted. I haven't yet started on my second set of coasters, but I did make our little guy a few placemats from Bend-the-Rules Sewing in hopes that having a more attractive place at the table would lead to a more open mind regarding food. So far it hasn't worked so well. But isn't it cute?

I made 4 placemats, all different, using some super adorable flannel I had lying around. This is probably his favorite ("Boo Vroom!"), but I'm hoping he'll grow to love the chinese food boxes just as well. Maybe if I keep hinting there's noodles in the boxes? :)

I love how absorbent flannel is (didn't need a middle flannel layer), but it sure is stretchy. It's either that or I'm pulling at the fabric as I sew... not sure. See how the edge kind of curls? He doesn't seem to notice, though, so I guess it's ok.

No comments: