Pages

3.30.2010

Today

Today has been a little bit of a blur. The Monkey had a difficult night last night, which hasn't happened in months, so we are all dragging in our house. Thankfully, he's in bed now, and will hopefully stay there til 7 am tomorrow morning!

Usually, I am off sewing around this time, while my husband tucks the Monkey into bed. But not tonight... My sewing machine has been put away, the floor has been swept free of those pesky threads, and all fabric has been folded and put away because my Mom is coming to visit! So no sewing for me for the next week or so, which is just fine because we'll be having too much fun to sew anyway.

I had thought she arrived tomorrow (thank goodness I double checked her itinerary last night just in case because can you imagine how awful if she'd arrived tonight and no one had been there to pick her up?!), and had planned to finish up the 2nd round of the March project tonight. Since it doesn't look like that's going to happen, I'll have to post it once she leaves next week.

Instead of working on my March project, as I should have been, I decided I wanted to join Rachel's (from p.s. i quilt) Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along, and am so glad I did. This is only my 2nd time working with half square triangles, and definitely my first time putting together such complex blocks!

It has forced me to really work on using accurate 1/4" seams and to work on my rotary cutting (both of which were mediocre, at best... but when you're making up the pattern as you go, it doesn't matter much!). I went to get a 1/4" piecing foot for my machine a few days ago, and you wouldn't believe what a difference it's made. The seam ripper stays in my sewing bag a lot more now!

When I decided to join in on the quilt along, I also decided I absolutely didn't want to go out and have to buy fabric for this. Thankfully, I had purchased a Woodland Bloom layer cake that I had no idea what I'd use for, so this is what it's becoming. :) I paired it with some white kona cotton, which I think really lets the colors pop... not that you can tell in these awful photos, because they were taken at night...

Anyway, I'm off -- have a great night!

No comments: