Pages

7.22.2010

Changes


checking out the plums in our backyard

This week has marked the beginning of a new stage in our little family. After 2 years of being a stay-at-home Mom, I am going back to working outside of the home. I've been looking for a job for so long now and with such little luck, that I was caught by surprise when I got the email. It's really an exciting project and I'm so grateful to have a job, especially because I know there are so many out there still searching.

Still, I'm finding myself a little weepy at the thought of having that wonderful Mama-baby time be over. We hadn't initially planned for me to be home with Monkey for his first 2 years, but I'd be lying if I said they weren't the most magical years of my life. It was a blessing and a joy to get to spend every day caring for him.

This first week at work has been slow, as they prepare for me and my position, which has allowed me to ease back into it. This, too, is wonderful as we all adjust and get used to our new routines. I had been afraid it would be very difficult for the Monkey to adjust, but I think it's been a little harder for me. I'm finding that I need a few more hugs and cuddles from my boy, and, luckily, he's always willing to give his Mama all the loving she needs.

No comments: