Pages

3.11.2011

Homemade Yum


"...to take the time every now and then, say once a week, to make some good food with yur own hands for your friends and loved ones, that is something that may vastly improve the overall quality of life."
-- Mario Batali

This past weekend, I made homemade fettucini and Mario Batali's mushroom ragu (recipe here) for my guys.  It was only the second time making my own pasta, and I have to say that it went a lot smoother than the first time. I used a recipe from an older Cooking Light cookbook, and, while good, I think next time I'll use the pasta recipe in Mario Batali's cookbook, Molto Italiano.

Have you ever made your own pasta? It's really not too difficult, just perhaps a little time consuming, but so worth it.

Though I love to cook, I tend to stay away from making really work intensive meals, because the truth is that I'd rather be playing with M than cooking in the kitchen. But this weekend, I decided to slow down and take the time to make something that I knew we'd all enjoy. It was so delicious and such a hit with everyone. This is something we'll be making again. Next time -- tagliatelle!

No comments: