Pages

3.02.2010

Last hat of the season

We have been having some really warm, mild weather around here. So mild, in fact, that our trees are in full bloom and looking gorgeous. I guess that means no more hat knitting for me (so sad!).


Before the weather got this warm, though, I did manage to squeeze in one last hat for Baby M. No wool this time, which is good, so it can be his spring hat. I saw this lovely hat on the Tot Toppers blog (she's SO talented!), and I had to giggle because I had the exact yarn in my stash. I'd purchased it shortly after my Mom left after Thanksgiving, because I wanted to make a hat for Baby M that matched his new fleece from his Biti. I hadn't thought of what pattern to use for his hat, though, and it sat untouched until January.


Once January rolled around and I realized he would soon outgrow his orange and gray fleece, I knew I had to get cracking. And I immediately thought of the Tot Toppers hat. I loved the pom-pom. the predominance of the gray, and the simplicity of the Fair Isle pattern. But I knew that I didn't want ear flaps, as this was to be a Spring hat. So I kind of made up a pattern as I went along, using Amanda Keeys' book as inspiration (best purchase EVER! I've used it so much!).



I totally love how it turned out, and so does Baby M. Every time we go out now, he requests his "bam-bam" hat, even if he's not wearing his orange and grey fleece.

No comments: