Pages

4.22.2011

Getting ready for Easter

Earlier this week, the table in the guest room (which doubles as my craft space, but these days hasn't seen much use) looked like this:


Now, I would love to say that whenever I make a mess and start a project, it has a happy resolution and something totally cool is created. But, as anyone who knows me will tell you, I LOVE to start projects and have the best intentions to finish them... but often don't. I've got half-finished Valentine's day cards and St. Patrick's day cards to prove it. This year, I decided to force myself to focus and get some cuteness made up from this little mess I'd made.


I made a few Easter cards with some forgotten stamps and some much neglected pretty pastel scrapbooking paper that otherwise would continue to be stored under my craft table forever. (I do have a boy, after all).



I made some super-simple but very cute gift cards for M to give to his friends. They're 3"x3" and super simple to make.


And, finally, I got some Easter treats together for some special kids in our lives. I usually keep items that I think will make good packaging for gifts later down the road. I had saved the clear boxes that Papertrey Ink's stamp sets come in, but wasn't sure what I would use them for. Then I remembered seeing this idea for turning the boxes to gift bags -- and I knew how I would package up the goodies. I finished off the goodie packs with some left over stamped Easter images.


We are not big on candy at our house, and I know that the kids that these are going to also don't eat much candy. So I stayed away from the typical candy baskets and chocolate bunnies, and instead filled the treat bags with things I know my toddler loves: stickers, fruit tape, raisins, a new tiny pad of paper and new markers, and a new movie. There were a bunch of toddler-friendly dvd's on sale for $3.99 at Target last week, so I snatched up a few that I think the kids will like. One of the girls who is getting one  is really into crafts and art projects, so instead of a movie, she's getting a washable ink pad (pink, of course!) and a fun bunny stamp. 

All in all, the treat bags were simple and inexpensive to put together, and I'm glad to be giving them some fun little treats rather than candy. I can't wait to give them to our little friends!

No comments: