Pages

6.02.2011

Re-discovering old favorites (and make your own mist!!)

As I've been packing up our belongings, I've come face-to-face with the massive amounts of craft supplies I own. It's funny, I've always known I own a lot of scrapbooking, stamping, knitting, and sewing supplies, collected over the last 12 years. But when everything is tucked away neatly (or semi-neatly) it doesn't seem as massive. Or as inspiring, really.

But as I was sorting through paper, stamps, stickers, and photos, I suddenly got an overwhelming urge to scrapbook. That urge has pretty much been gone in the last few months, and I'm not really sure why. Anyway, I remembered seeing this tutorial for making your own glitter mist, and since I'd just found my mini misters and re-inkers, I figured I'd take a break from packing and sorting to play. (As an aside, Balzer Designs is an amazing blog to check out, especially if you're into paper art and art journaling. WOW!).

Anyway, so this is the result of my experimenting with re-inkers, perfect pearls, and mini misters. I used my old Heidi Swapp alphabet masks for the title, and I was immediately reminded why I loved them so much when I first got them.


I love that a little misting goes a long way, letting you put a page together with little more than cardstock, the mask to write out the title, some tape, and letter stickers.


Oh, and those stars? I used them to mask star shapes on another page I used my misters on. I'll share that one tomorrow.


Ah, it felt so good to create something and forget the mess waiting for me in our spare bedroom for just a little bit... Now, back to sorting through that mess!

No comments: