Pages

6.02.2011

More misting


I'm one of those people that gets a little obsessed when I find something I love (note the two baby sweaters and the two pairs of baby booties recently finished). If I find something I love, be it a pattern, a new craft, or a new recipe, I'm likely to want to do it over and over and over again. So it's no surprise that I'm a misting fool these days. I've been wanting to try the misters I've seen for sale, but I just didn't want to spend the money without knowing whether I'd like it or not. I'm so loving that I'm using stuff I already had on hand to make my own.


My dear friend, Genny, is a talented photographer and has recently taken the plunge to start her own children's photography business. I'm so lucky that she constantly carries her camera with her and photographs my little guy -- so I had these lovely photos, taken by her, that I had recently had printed. As soon as I saw them, they took my breath away. She managed to capture M's personality perfectly. All three of these photos reflect who he is right now. So, of course, I needed to scrapbook them or risk them getting lost in the black hole that is my photo storage "system".


But, since most of my scrapbooking supplies have been slowly making their way into boxes, I had only a handful of supplies to work with. No matter... these pictures are so lovely that they really didn't need much to make them shine. I used my misters (I'm obsessed, I tell you!) and those chipboard stars I used as accents on yesterday's layout to make a subtle background. I added a scrap of some adhesive borders, covered the stars with washi tape to make them stand out, added a title with letter stickers, and some journaling, and... done! Just like that, a new favorite layout, finished!

What have you been obsessed with lately?

No comments: