Pages

1.20.2010

January Project: almost there!

We've been busy around here living life and spending some quality time with a special Auntie that came to visit. Baby M had such fun with his Auntie that I think she went home with a sore back, but a very full heart. We are so grateful she was able to come out and visit and spend some time with us.
I realized this morning that 2/3 of the month of January has already passed, and I have not yet completed my January project. It doesn't matter, though, because I am ready to go! I chose Amy Karol's Bend-the-Rules Sewing as my book for January, and have had such fun re-reading it and tagging all the projects I want to make out of it. There are so many I want to make!! Of course, with just 11 days to go til the end of the month, I will have to choose just one and get it completed. This morning, as I watched Baby M playing with his dinosaurs ("Dinos!"), I chose my January project: the Clever Coasters. LOVE! I have not chosen the fabric yet, but will be back before the end of January with a project to share!
In the meantime, I wanted to show you my new favorite toddler hat (yes, must admit he is no longer a baby but rather a toddler. Sob!). I made the loopy pixie hat in Amanda Keey's book using some Mochi Plus. It is so ultra soft and nice to knit with, and I love that it is self-striping. The green and brown have inspired multiple comments about him being a little acorn or a pea, which always makes me giggle inside. I have since made two more, both gifts, using Cascade 220 Superwash. Not as soft, but it is machine washable, which is always a plus for a baby gift. I really need to learn to knit something other than baby hats... after all, how many hats does one little boy really need? And, worse, what will I knit when summer rolls around?!

No comments: