Pages

5.11.2011

(A Different) Easy Baby Cardigan

So yesterday I showed you the Easy Baby Cardigan I made for Baby Hudson using the pattern from More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. After finishing up that bad boy, I was really in the mood for another cute baby knit, but I wanted no more stitching up of side seams. So I did a Ravelry search, and found this pattern. It's also called Easy Baby Cardigan (which, funny enough, I hadn't noticed til just now...), but is seamless. It's a top-down sweater, my first, and definitely not my last (ravelry details here).


I used Plymouth Yarn's Happy Feet DK for this sweater, which I had originally purchased intending to make something totally different. What, I don't recall, it's been in my knitting basket that long. This yarn is a dream to work with, and the stitch definition is lovely. The best part is that it's incredibly soft, and machine washable, which is an infant mother's dream.


The pattern calls for ties instead of buttons, but I decided to add buttons and button loops anyway. I wanted to make the button loops big enough so that it wouldn't be a hassle for Hudson's Mom to put it on and off, but they turned out too big for the buttons I used. I'll go back tonight and change the buttons, and next time add 4 or 5 buttonholes (and add the adorable hood). And now they're off, headed to their new owner, along with lots of love from Aunt Lizzy.

No comments: