Pages

5.13.2011

Getting ready to move on

Enjoying a sunny Seattle afternoon at the "beach"

I can't believe it, but we're actually getting ready to leave Seattle. After having lived here for 9 years, this was not an easy decision... especially given how much we love our life here. But, all good things must come to an end, and it's time for us to move on to a new stage for our family. We're headed to North Carolina for a job opportunity and to be closer to family. We're in the midst of packing up and getting ready to say goodbye, but won't probably make it to our new home until the middle to end of July.

In the last few weeks, I've been getting asked if I'm excited to be moving, and I don't have a good way to answer that. I guess the short answer is: no, not at all. I love Seattle and everything about our life here, but it's time to move on. And I am not familiar with the area we're moving to, so I don't know what it'll be like to live there. So, no, I'm not at all excited. But I'm also not dreading it... I think once you make a decision, you need to make the best of it and try your hardest to make it work. And so while I may not be excited, I think it'll be good for our family, both immediate and extended.

Between Mike and I, we've moved at least 11 times -- but moving with a toddler is a totally different experience. We're trying to maintain the normalcy of our days as much as we can, so as to enjoy our last few weeks here and to make it an easy transition for M. The last thing I want to do is to wish our last few weeks here away, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish we could skip the packing and the unpacking altogether. Ahhh, wishful thinking.

Aside from packing, we have lots to look forward to in the next few weeks: birthdays, going away parties, and more birthdays. I'll be back on one of my packing breaks to share!

No comments: