Pages

5.10.2011

Easy Baby Cardigan

A month and a half ago, I posted about the new yarn I'd gotten from Knit Picks and my lofty goals for them. I've been busy knitting, but not finishing anything. It appears I suffer from Knitter's Startitis -- I get more excited about starting a new project than about finishing up the ones I've got on the needles. For a while there, I had 7 projects going at one time.


This past week I finally added buttons to Baby Hudson's Easy Baby Cardigan from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts (ravelry details here), which had been waiting for the right buttons for some time. This little sweater was so quick to knit -- it probably took me a week of knitting on my commute to get it knit up.

But then you have to seam up the sides, and that's where I lost a little steam. Stitching up side seams are, by far, my least favorite part of finishing a garment, and it was no different with this little sweater. Thankfully, it's a teeny little sweater, so stitching up the sides didn't take long. I am very pleased with how it turned out!


I used Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Peapod, which is a brighter green than I'd expected. I was not crazy about the fact that the yarn isn't tightly spun, and thus can easily split if you're not careful. But once washed, it gets incredibly soft and totally perfect for a baby. I will definitely use it for baby garments again in the future. 

Even though I wasn't crazy about having to stitch up the side seams, I'll probably make this little sweater again. It's cute, fast, and easy!

No comments: