Pages

2.29.2012

Chunky cables!


I dug through my yarn bin this afternoon and located a lone skein of Cascade 128, a bulky Peruvian highland wool that I bought on a whim a few years ago. I remember buying it, with no real project in mind, back when I first started knitting in 2009. It has sat, lonely and ignored in my yarn bin until now. I was delighted that I could get a jump start on my cabled practice project right away - no need to go buy yarn or anything. I am loving the natural cream color of this yarn, and am so totally psyched that I'm actually knitting cables!!


The pattern is a free Ravelry download, Snappy Hat, and it's really easy to follow. It's definitely a great first cabled project, and the fact that it uses bulky weight yarn makes it go pretty fast. I took these pictures after knitting for just a couple of hours. I am really looking forward to seeing how this hat turns out - if it looks half as cute as the ones people have posted on Ravelry, I'm in for a treat!

No comments: